Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The kids have been asking me to get my wedding dress out so they can see it. Actually, ever since Julie posted hers a year ago, we've been talking about unboxing it. Well, Monday night I finally pulled the box out of the closet and opened it up. I haven't opened the box since I took it to the dry cleaners to box it up, many years ago. Well, it was in a box, in a plastic bag, in a really pretty box. It wasn't easy to get to. The bow and top were going yellow, which upset me because I thought the boxing was supposed to prevent that. Oh well, it's still pretty and the kids thought so too. Although when I told Katie, "Hey, now you have a prom dress" She rolled her eyes at me. Wonder why? The coolest thing about the dress is that my mom made it, so whether or not it ever gets formally worn again it will always stay in the family and be a reminder of how talented my mother is.

Here is Kelsey modeling it. She is an excellent model. The dress is much too big for her, of course, but I love all the poof in the skirt.

Now, Katie modeling it -- another outstanding model. It fit her quite well. I can't believe how little I was when I got married.

So, pretty. Too bad Katie will outgrow it soon. The girls obviously got their dad's tall gene and not my short one.


And, of course, I had to try it on. Wow. Looks nothing on me like it did when I was first married. How sad. I couldn't even zip it up. What a surprise.
It was fun to pull that memory out. Now it's back in the box until next time.

3 comments:

Eric-N-Nikki said...

That is Awesome! ha ha ha ha..... so is katie planning on wearing your dress when she gets married to david archeletta or however you spell his name. he he he he...

The Caltons said...

Katie can wear it at her wedding if by the time Katie gets married the style is wedding dresses that go to your knees. Ha, ha. She's already 2 inches taller than me. Chris

Anonymous said...

That is hilarios! You are so brave to try it on now, I wouldn't dare. It would be too depressing for me. But you look great in it.