Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another sad post

I've heard many times that when one elderly spouse passes away, that the other one soon follows. Most often I think it is from a broken heart and they just miss their loved one so much.

I really didn't expect my grandpa to live 'till 100 or anything, but when my Mom called to tell me that he had just died (only 6 weeks or so after my grandma) I was very shocked. Even more so when she told me he died in a car accident. Apparently, he was driving and drifted across lanes and hit a tree. It sounds like perhaps he fell asleep at the wheel.

It's pretty impressive that he could still obtain a driver's license at the age of 90, but you have to wonder if he really should have had one.

In any event, I felt so sad about the way he died. I felt more sad than when my grandma died. I think because she had cancer and we knew she was going to die, but with my grandpa it just seemed too tragic and sudden.

I thought it would be appropriate to post a picture of them both when they were young. I love these pictures of them and I imagine this is closer to what they look like in heaven than what they looked like when they passed on.

No comments: