Saturday, August 9, 2008

Kelsey's Birthday

Kelsey had a great 10th birthday this year. Mostly because she had been asking for MarioKart for the Wii for a couple of months and she got it. It wasn't easy though. We looked all over for it and couldn't find it in any stores or even on line. We told her it didn't look like there was anyway she would get it. But, finally, the week before her birthday we found it. So, she was pretty happy and excited when she opened her present and saw that's what it was. Katie got her a pottery wheel. Katie is such a great sister. She is so thoughtful and wanted to get Kelsey something she would really like. Kelsey has already made a vase with it.
Okay. And now the cake. Kelsey had a specific cake in mind that she wanted. She wanted layers and layers of different flavors with stripes and circles. I think the drawing she gave me had 5 layers. Wow. I talked her into 3 because I just don't have the skill to do what she wanted, but I think what we ended up with was pretty darn cool. It was delicious too!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite ambitious Chris! Much better than I could do. What a great mom. You totally stepped up to the plate with gifts and cake. You're my hero.