Was all the anticipation worth it? Well, of course. I loved the book and the movie did not disappoint. Katie and I got to the theater at 7pm for the 12:01 am showing. Her friend, Ashley, got there about the same time, then the cousins arrived about 8pm. It was pretty cold, but the kids stayed entertained. I actually thought the time went by really fast.
They let us into the theater about 10:30 pm. We got good seats and were all excited until a young theater worker came in and told us that if we got up to go to the bathroom or get concessions, we might lose our seats. Well, that got everyone all excited...."What do you mean we can't go to the bathroom?" "Don't you want us to buy popcorn?" "I've been waiting in line for 5 hours and now that I have a seat it isn't mine to keep?" The obviously out-of-her-mind theater worker said we could all get up during the movie to buy popcorn. Say What!?
Anyway, we all decided that no one was going to take our seats because everyone around us would not allow it. So, Katie got up to go to the bathroom and while she was gone, the manager came in and said, "I have an announcement. I want to apologize for what you were told. You, of course, can get up to use the restroom, get popcorn and candy or whatever else and no one will take your seat." We all clapped and could tell he was exasperated.
When Katie came back she said she heard him telling the out-of-her-mind girl, "You told them what!?"
Tyler thought we were crazy and I don't think he was wrong. I was so tired, but it was an experience I'll always remember.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha you are fascinated with that story aren't you? :)
Post a Comment