I guess I should comment on the start of school. Katie is now in 8th grade. Kelsey is in 5th grade. I can't believe how time flies! Katie is enjoying school - I think. Kelsey likes 5th grade. She has a new teacher fresh out of school. Kelsey says she really likes her, so that's good.
The first week of school Kelsey brought home a note saying that they were going on the 5th grade camping trip the following week (last week). So, of course, I volunteered to chaperon. I went with Katie when she was in 5th grade so I definitely wanted to go with Kelsey too.
This overnight trip has been a tradition in our school district ever since I was a kid. I went to the same camp as both my girls. It's a lot of fun. The boys stay in one cabin, the girls in another. They play games, go on hikes, and just generally have fun.
Here are some pictures from it....
Kelsey eating lunch with her friend, Aubrey, when we arrived.
Kelsey pouring water into a tube for a water game I was in charge of. There were holes along the tube that girls were trying to plug, while other girls tried to fill the tube. It was pretty hard to do, and Kelsey's group was the only group to do it.
Kelsey with her friend, Mikayla.
Kelsey getting ready for bed. Fun, fun, fun!
Kelsey makes a craft. Something called a boondoggle? She had fun doing it.
Kelsey with her friend, Josie..jpg)
The cabins we stayed in. Ours was the 4th from the left - "The Pot Gut Hut".
.jpg)

3 comments:
Would this place be called Clear Creek? My school missed our 5th grade campout there for some reason or another that I don't remember. But I was able to go to a week of camp there the following summer. It was so much fun. OH the memories.
You guessed right, Julie. I still have slides from when I went. Good times, good times. Chris
haha mom!!! I just about typed that!!!! haha. And I do not like school. My teachers suck. I say we fire them all (except Ms. Measom, Ms. Davis, and Ms. Freeman). And Ms. Chambers should just go to heck (which is where she'll end up anyway). Anyone that wears purple floral DI dresses with baby poo colored shoes should be prosecuted.
Post a Comment