Sunday, September 21, 2008

There's a first time for everything

Well, this weekend was fun...and interesting. Katie had a small party with some friends. It was supposed to be an "office" party because they were excited for the tv show, The Office, to start this coming week. Anyway, the interesting part was that some of her friends were boys. So, there were three boys at our house hanging out with Katie.

It's hard seeing your little girl grow up. They sure seemed like good kids, but boys nonetheless. I don't know if Tyler will make it through the teenage years. He kept going out to where the kids were and looking at Katie, then doing the two fingers to the eye thing. You know, "I'm watching you" thing. I don't know how to explain it if you haven't seen "Meet the Parents" movie. I thought it was funny. I'm not sure what the kids thought.

I would have pictures to put with this post, except I refrained from taking any. I was pretty sure that would be embarrassing to Katie. I told her later I wanted to take pictures but didn't and you should have seen the look on her face, "I'm soooo glad you didn't, Mom." Yep. Good to follow your instincts sometimes.

Boys at our house is a first, but I'm sure it won't be the last. Better get used to it, huh.

3 comments:

katie(: said...

You are ridiculous. Stop telling everyone. Its not a big deal they're my friends.

Eric-N-Nikki said...

Ha ha ha..... That is Awesome! Tyler's I'm watching you eyes ha ha ha.... good make sure those boys keep their hands to themselves. :) Looks like your heading into the boy years and there is no turning back. ha ha ha....

Anonymous said...

Tyler is hilarious. he totally cracks me up Scary to see Katie so close to dating years. AHHHHHHHH!